Baked Onion Mackerel: A Simple Dose of Tasty Fish
I really like consuming fish! Nice for protein, superior for omega 3s. This Baked Onion Mackerel is one in all my all-time favorite recipes, as a result of it’s easy and makes use of components that I nearly all the time have in the home. Many individuals are cautious about consuming an excessive amount of fish due to excessive mercury ranges. Research does say that average ranges of seafood consumption, even with their accompanying greater ranges of mercury, are linked to a decrease threat of Alzheimer’s. Some fish have extra selenium, which may steadiness out some toxins that may be current. Additionally cooking with onions helps detoxify, and serving fish with an attractive ample salad provides the mind physique an excellent higher enhance! Give this recipe from my newest e-book BRAIN BODY DIET a try to let me know the way it goes in a remark under!
Four tablespoons additional virgin olive oil
1 shallot, minced
1 giant Maui onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 lemon, juiced and separated
eight ounces mackerel
Sea salt to style
Pepper to style
1 to 2 tablespoons contemporary dill, minced and separated
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a rimmed baking tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
2. In a skillet or small saucepan, warmth the olive oil. Add the minced shallot and onion, cooking on medium warmth for about three minutes, till softened.
3. Add the garlic and the lemon zest. Cook dinner collectively for one more minute. As soon as barely cooled, squeeze in half of the lemon juice.
4. Place the fish on the ready baking sheet. Season frivolously with salt and pepper. High with the oil combination and add half of the dill.
5. Roast the fish within the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, relying on its thickness. The easiest way to test if it’s cooked is to make use of a fork to softly prick the fish. If it flakes simply, it’s prepared.
6. Fastidiously take away the fish from the baking tray. High with the remaining lemon juice and dill.