Healthy Fried Rice
With only a few easy components you may flip conventional fried rice into an excellent food-filled, balanced meal.
Time to prepare dinner: 15 minutes
Serves: 2, as a foremost, Four as a aspect
- 1 cup (180g) brown rice, uncooked
- 2 tbsp sesame oil, or coconut oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- Four stalks kale, stems eliminated & finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 egg, non-compulsory
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped, to serve
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, to serve
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, to serve
- Cook dinner the brown rice in response to the packet directions. Put aside.
- Warmth the oil in a big saucepan over medium-high warmth.
- Add the onion, and sauté for 4-5 minutes till it softs and turns into translucent.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 2-Three minutes.
- Add the kale and stir till it has wilted.
- Add the cooked rice and sauté for one more two minutes.
- At this stage, it’s possible you’ll select so as to add 2 eggs. In that case, crack the eggs right into a separate bowl and whisk barely. Then add to scorching saucepan with rice, stirring the egg by the combination till fully cooked.
- Add the tamari and stir to mix. Divide into two bowls, prime with sesame seeds, spring onion and chilli flakes, if utilizing.
You may add 90-120g (3.1-4.2oz) (uncooked) of your favorite animal protein per serve or for a plant-based choice omit the eggs and add 1 cup lentils, chickpeas or beans (or a mixture) or or 100g (3.5oz) tempeh or 150g (5.3oz) tofu (1–2 occasions per week).
You will discover this recipe, together with 500 others, within the JSHealth App – attempt it in the present day for fast, easy, nutritious meal concepts!