Each wash day, I really like the sensation of water flowing by my hair and the way my scalp goes from being clogged with build-up to feeling model new. My hair goes from being a greasy mess to mild and fluffy. I really like the result of wash days and water has a giant half to play in it.
I usually have flashbacks although, to these days when most wash days went flawed as soon as I poured water on my hair. And I’m certain most of us grew up listening to tales of how water is dangerous for our hair and we would have liked to keep away from it, frankly it appears true as a result of usually in these day my hair getting drenched with water would end in it trying frizzy and feeling brittle. So………on this hair care life now we have chosen is water our good friend or a foe.
Quick reply, It’s a little bit of each. However please learn the lengthy reply beneath.
Water As A Pal
- As I discussed above, water is likely one of the key parts of wash day. You may’t wash your hair totally or take away deep conditioner with out it. No water no clear and conditioned hair.
- Water is a necessary ingredient in any deep conditioning or go away in conditioning product. Water is required to moisturise hair and merchandise that don’t comprise water frankly won’t be able to infuse moisture into our hair strands.
- The continuing battle many people battle with dryness and breakage can’t be defeated with out the repeated use of water wealthy merchandise in between wash days. So water needs to be launched into our hair frequently for wholesome (properly preserved) hair and for size retention (longer hair).
Water As A Foe
- Water is usually a locking agent.
Water can tighten knots and tangles in our hair so severely that chopping out the knots and tangles is the best choice. Even when extreme knotting might be untangled, quite a lot of breakage and injury to the hair fibre shall be sustained within the course of. This tightening of knots and tangles tends to occur through the washing and rinsing steps on wash days. The stress of the water flowing by hair will tighten the knots or matted hair. It would additionally encourage shed hairs not eliminated earlier than washing to wrap across the non-shed hair creating new tangles. That is why so many of us have stepped out of the bathe with locs we didn’t plan on creating.
It is a key cause why hair must be properly detangled and shed hair eliminated earlier than washing. I suppose a second tip is to ease up on the water stress. Previous to my hair journey I by no means detangled earlier than washing and it all the time resulted in excessive ranges of breakage. For some cause I believed water stress would someway detangle my hair and that any shed hair would simply glide out. Don’t be me.
- Now this one is a favorite of so many girls. We hear all day every single day that water is essential for wholesome hair, that water is one of the best moisturiser, that water is the be all and finish all of what our hair wants (okay I ‘am exaggerating a lil)……so I perceive why many girls merely use water alone as a moisturiser.
In as a lot as water is a key side of moisturising our hair, water alone is just not on the proper the PH degree for use as a leave-in moisturising product. Utilizing water alone will end in puffy, frizzy and fewer manageable hair. It would additionally improve the chance of tangling. Good high quality moisturising merchandise will certainly have water as the primary substances however will comprise different substances and be formulated in order that its PH is on the perfect degree that can go away the outer layer of hair extra compacted than what water alone would. It will end in smoother, higher moisturised and more healthy trying hair which is less complicated to handle.
On this case, it’s the incorrect use of water that’s the downside.
- Publicity to the flawed sort of water will result in environmental injury (except appropriate steps are taken to forestall injury). Onerous water, chlorinated water and mineral wealthy water may cause quite a lot of injury. I’ve written posts about this which you’ll learn by clicking right here.
I hope this publish has been helpful. In abstract water is usually a good friend or foe however which it will likely be is as much as you.
** Picture from Pintrest